The Garden Club of Greater Lansing:
Eighty-one Years of Growing and Thriving
Organized in February 1931 as the Women’s National Farm and Garden Association, the Garden Club of Greater Lansing has enjoyed 81 years of fellowship and sharing an avid interest in gardening and horticulture. The original 90 members raised money through the Greens Market and offered the first scholarship in 1932 as well as sponsoring a flower show.
The next eight decades include numerous educational activities, philanthropic activities, flower shows, volunteer hours, and many, many dedicated members.
The complete history of the Garden Club was compiled by member Marilynn Bezdek and is currently being edited and revised.